MANAGER, CUSTOMS & INTERNATIONAL TRADE
J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified conglomerate based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 15,000 employees in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. It is an organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many careers paths within finance and beyond in the various J.D. Irving, Limited businesses. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Manager, Customs & International Trade
The JDI Customs Group is a dedicated group of professionals responsible for controlling Customs self-clearance of high volume shipments entering Canada by ocean, air, highway and rail modes. The group conducts in depth compliance audits of CBSA and CBP regulations, policies and procedures for all the J.D. Irving, Limited groups of companies. The team manages numerous other government agency requirements such as CFIA, USDA, FDA, CRA, APHIS and MLB to maintain high compliance standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of current Canadian and US Custom Legislation
- Proactively lead compliance initiatives, including maintaining documentation, as necessary, with respect to customs activities, including development of and carrying out of monitoring initiatives
- Customs activity governance, and implementation of supporting initiatives
- Prepare and present trade analytics to Senior Management across J.D. Irving, Limited
- Ensure Company compliance with Canada and US Customs Laws and Regulations, including NAFTA
- Build and strengthen relationships with customs authorities and other government departments
- Train and provide support to the various J.D. Irving, Limited operating companies and corporate staff with regards to importing and exporting procedures
- International travel as well as domestic travel is required
- Relevant Post-Secondary Education
- Certified Customs Specialists Certification (CCS)
- Certified Trade Compliance Specialist Designation (CTCS) or actively pursuing
- 10 years of customs and international trade experience
- Strong accounting background is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of International Free Trade Agreements
- Strong organizational skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- High degree of curiosity
- Bilingualism is an asset
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.